Grandpa Zinsmeister
This week has been difficult. I've been giving the ISTEP test at school, and trying to keep up with my master's classes while concerned for my grandpa who is in the Huntington Hospital with a broken hip and pneumonia. He fell on Sunday at the nursing home. When they took him to the hospital for the hip, they found that he had pneumonia. As many of you know a broken hip is very serious for an elderly person and my grandpa is 96, then add the pneumonia and you have double jeopardy. So, due to the seriousness of the situation, I made a trip to Huntington yesterday afternoon to see him. I drove up right after work and returned home in the evening, (can't miss a day of school during ISTEP testing). Today the cardiologist came to check his heart to see if he could make it through a surgery. Apparently he can, because he is going to have surgery this evening, Septebmer 18 at 7:00. Now we just have to see how he does with his recovery.
This is a picture of my grandpa "Joe" on his 94th birthday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home