Krannert Swim Meet August 2, 2008
Here is a picture of Lauren doing her breaststroke. She participated in the 200 IM, 200 freestyle and the 50 breaststroke along with 2 relays, 200 Medley and 200 Freestyle. The 200 IM is her most challenging event. The butterfly is the first stroke in the series followed by the backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle. She has really improved this year with her endurance and continues to work on her form and speed.
I am so proud of both of the girls. They have really made improvement despite the fact that they missed a lot of practice this summer due to other obligations: babysitting, Vacation Bible School, church camp, etc.
Erica has been swimming the 25 breaststroke, the 100 IM, sometimes the 25 backstroke, and a couple of relays. She has even had the challenge of swimming on a boys relay team. Erica's biggest accomplishment this year was learning her flip-turn.
Coming into the last meet of the season, the All-City meet at Krannert,
Hopefully Lauren will continue her swimming into the fall and winter months and then volleyball at her school in the late winter/early spring.
Erica is taking gymnastics and has moved into the Intermediate class with Sarah Ottinger in which they work on round-off back handsrpings.

1 Comments:
Hi, this is Meghan. I just wanted to say Lauren you did a great job at the meet. I am so proud of you. You too Erica. Third place, not bad. I know we will do better next year. I hope you had fun at the Hills. I wish I could have been there. The American quisine is way better, trust me. I wish you were here. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home